15 of the Greatest Books!
The Greatest Books of All Time…
Okay, fine. These aren’t the greatest of all time, but they are some of my favorites. It is my firm belief that with every book I read I become a better author. My vocabulary grows, the way I view ideas shifts, the way I use the english language is influenced. All of these things are important to grow. Luckily I love to read!
My taste in books is as eclectic as my taste in music. I’m not sure if this is normal for other book lovers, but I don’t just read in one genre. I read Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Thrillers. In fact there is very little I don’t read. Today I want to share with you a list of 15 of my favorites.
In no particular order…
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling - I do have a favorite, it’s the seventh book, but I love the series so much I felt it needed listed.
- Under Different Stars by Amy Bartol - The Kricket Series is stupendiosis, so much so I just made up a word for it. Plus Amy is just an amazing person to meet!
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - Before this book I hadn’t read anything like her style. Tahereh is a trend setter. FYI, the audio book is a must have. Done exquisitely.
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Come on, you already know how amazing it is. You at least saw the movie, right?!?
- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas - Okay, it’s a series, not a single book but if your read it you won’t regret it!
- Law of Moses by Amy Harmon - Seriously, wow on this one guys!
- The 5 Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson - Gutted me! Then I read it again. Like ugly cry gutted. Every time. Love you Rachel
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher - I am new to Butcher and boy am I glad I gave him a try. I will be trucking through the Dresden files for sure, so many titles to plow through.
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - I hadn’t read any of Colleen’s books until Hopeless. I’m now hooked. Hopeless is still my favorite, plus Colleen is so FUNNY.
- BFG by Roald Dahl - This is one of those books that inspired me as a child, to become a writer.
- ARV-3 by Cameo Ranae - Intense is all I can say.
- Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young - Sam has so much great stuff, like her romance. If you haven’t read On Dublin Street you should. But this is one of my favs!
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - There is something about the way this man captures adolescence so perfectly. Definately inspired me some with writing Wash Me Away
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I love the way her twisted mind works.
- Bring Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer - Micalea is the best, but you better grab your tissues. Made my eye holes leaky.
- Never Too Far by Abbi Glines - Ok, I know I said 15, but I just LOVE this book! Plus, you know, ABBI!
All of these books have inspired me in some way to start writing, keep writing, try new generes, and more! I know that in the day and age of the eReader, your to-be-read list is probably as long as mine. But if you like any of the books above, then be sure to join my newsletter to try one of my books for free.